Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Gone South





Well, we went as far south as we possibly could (as far as staying in the US goes...) in search of WARM temps and lots of sunshine....
We ended up getting to Key west a whole 24hrs late (LONG STORY...) Which made our short little vacation a whole lot shorter... and we just happened to get there as record low temperatures settled into the area. (Miami even had a FROST advisory). So as you can see in many of these pictures we are wearing coats and sweatshirts. Ugh.
HOWEVER! We all had a REALLY good time despite the chilly temps and there was ONE day when we all cooked in the Florida sun (and will be pealing soon). We ate really cool food (lots of Conch Fritters) and drank lots of Key Lime Coladas...
I even got to spend the morning with the Segard family and good friend Paige up in Marathon! Lucy is as goofy and full of life as her parents are. It was SO good to see them.

7 notes:

Sean, Kelli & Jonah said...

Fun Flordia pictires! Too bad you are wearing jeans & hoodies in most of them though. :( At least you went away and realxed even if it wasn't in the pool! Glad you had a good time & glad you are home! Love u.

D.V.D. said...

Hey Kris and Leanne! It's Derek Van Dam! It's been way to long. How are you two? I love your pictures of Florida. I was checking out A.J's blog and saw that you guys where on here too. Check my blog out when you get a sec. Take care!

http://compassionateafrica.blogspot.com/

The Currie's said...

Whats up Guys!!! This is J-Rod Currie... its been way to long... we just got a website going, yeah i know we are a generation behind but oh well... hey check it out http://curriesdoulos4jc.blogspot.com/ hey i need your guys phone number to call you! my email address is doulos-4-jc@hotmail.com oh by the way WE ARE PREGNANT!

The Currie's said...

Just Kidding... NO Baby

The Bibler's said...

YEAH!! What fun! We had to cancel at the last minute...bummer. Trust me...the weather there even at it's coldest was still 1000 times better than here! Great pics, by the way! Glad to see you had a blast, and returned home safely!!

AJ said...

Hey its really good to hear from you guys. It's been a long time. I hope everything is going well! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I hope you enjoyed. And I don't mind my shower at all, in fact, its just my style! Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Bunkey-
I googled the Elk Rapids cottages and stumbled on your blog. Cute. I remember we used to have to all get togeter at someone's house to watch 8mm films of family vacations. Times changin'.
-kate