Friday, June 29, 2007

My Friend Pedro- The House- A Job!


So many things to add to the blog.... so here is a summary....

1. PEDRO: Went to the "Big Ticket Event" that Drew runs. Tagged along with Dan and Tracy, and had a fantastic time. Hung out with the Catts, The Kricks, The Hosfords, and the Carlson's (The Parentals :) ) It was a fantastic time! Drew did a marvelous job running the show. That is where I met Pedro, The Monkey. Now I am trying to convince my wife to let me have a pet Capuchin Monkey. I'm not winning. They fling poo.

2. THE JOB: Leanne is now a teacher! We knew it would only be a matter of time until she found that job. She will be teaching at the "West Michigan Academy of Environmental Science." Remember that, you will be quizzed on that later. She will be teaching 4 different environmental science classes! So needless to say, a TON of work, and could be some challenging kids. It's going to be a really challenging job in many aspects, but she has decided to accept the challenge and give it a shot. I know she will be absolutely fantastic in the classroom and will have a big impact on many kids' lives. Plus she gets to play in the dirt. She likes that. Ahh yes, my dirty wife.



3. THE HOUSE: Framing is done. Windows are In (not in picture). Electrical is Done. Driveway is poured (not in this picture.) Monday they start Cedar Trim. Next week they insulate. About a week and a half until drywall... they are absolutely flying! Eastbrook has really been doing a fantastic job and is really taking care of us. Our Construction Manager Chris is awesome, and the company is really doing us a lot of favors and working extra special hard, truly in memory of my father which is very humbling. We are so thankful, and can't wait to get into our new home!!!!!

So great news... and it's summer. I think I shall take a nap tomorrow. :)

10 notes:

Molly said...

Congratulations you two!! What a blessing- well MANY blessings :) The house looks great.. have a wonderful weekend. God Bless, Love Molly Wolfe

The Bibler's said...

Wow!! Monkeys, a new house and new career? You guys have a ton going on right now! A HUGE CONGRATS to Leanne for the new job! She'll be awesome at it! The house looks beautiful already (and BIG!), and of course, my favorite, the monkey pic...SO CUTE!!!! I've always wanted a monkey too, Kris, and I too was shot down by my spouse. That's why I went for the pig...but idea was shot down too. Maybe someday....

Again, congrats to Leanne on the job and to you both on the up and coming house!

Dan, Tracy & Gracie said...

Yahoo! Leanny got a job!!! I am so proud of you girl for sticking with it so hard and long to find this. I had a blast working with you for awhile and I know you will do fantastic with this new challenge. Great house pics, how exciting. Kris, monkey poop stinks the worst I've heard, maybe not a good idea. Loves~

The Chinlund Family said...

Congrats on the job Lea!!! AND the house, it looks great! I'll bet you're stoked to move in! Do you have an idea of when that'll be? And are you heading up north any time soon? I'll be in TC for Cherry Fest, so if you're thinking about heading up PLEASE give me a call!!!

Anonymous said...

good thing you clarified. I thought that was an old picture of Kris and Drew for a minute.

Nick

Anonymous said...

yeeee!!!! im so excited to spend the night over at that mansion!!!

love you bunchesss

samantha joy

Sean, Kelli & Jonah said...

Ahhhhhhhhh! Le, you have a job???? I am calling you now! xoxoxox I am so happy for you.

Aaron, Katie, Kylie & Baby said...

Congratulations on the job and the house! My future sis-in-law, Lee, is looking for a teaching job and they are not easy to find, let me tell you! Congrats on that!

Yes, we still have our silly black cat, Misha! I had forgotten that I got it from Kris, Drew and the guys! She is a good cat though!

Rachel said...

Everything is coming along great with your house and everything. So exciting. Keep it up!

My new bloger web address is : rlericksen.blogspot.com

Jill,Drew, Ella too... said...

Nice... pic with the monkey at Big Ticket- thats great : ) Also , the tribute to curries with the dog hair - you guys are great bloggers!