Saturday, May 10, 2008

Does Anyone Have a Wheelchair Kris can Borrow?

Before...

After...

My cheerleader Momma...

Kris didn't end up spending time with the official race paramedics like I thought he might.... Although, he is having a hard time walking now... And really might at least need crutches for a week... Apparently this was some kind of macho I-have-to-prove-my-manliness thing that he had to accomplish. And DID! With a pretty darn good time... 2:26.


I don't need crutches because I've actually been training for this race since January... And the hard work paid off... I felt absolutely great!... the whole time! It was BEAUTIFUL out!
I finished at 2:30 (Which was my goal). YES!

It was really fun to train for the race with my friends from work (and Kris ofcourse)- Now we just need to keep running so it stays fun!

8 notes:

Rob, Leticia, Madisyn & Landon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rob, Leticia, Madisyn & Landon said...

Congratulations to both of you! 2:30 is phenomenal! :)

Dan, Tracy & Gracie said...

Woohoo!!!Congrats to yall. We are SO super proud of your accomplishment, and although I hate running I am a bit jealous. Way to go!!! Loves and best wishes to Kris with those crutches :)

Rachel said...

Good job Lea! So proud! I promise next time I will join you... Crew takes over my life. I'm sorry I couldn't be there to cheer you on. But it looks like you did fabulously!

The Chinlund Family said...

Way to go guys! That's an awesome accomplishment!

Marilyn said...

Looks like you had a great day. Ah to be young. Congrats! Aunt Marilyn

Jill,Drew, Ella too... said...

It was so great to see you two this past weekend! Kris hope your feeling better soon ; ) Way to go both of you - 15 miles is quite the race to run! Next year hopefully Drew and I can make it down for the race - but still havnt felt lead yet to try for the 15 - think I'll stick to the 10 or 5 k .

Jill

Sean, Kelli,Jonah & Laney said...

so proud of you Le & Kris! Way to go. Miss u.